[kree-eyt] verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective
verb (used with object)
- to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
- to evolve from one’s own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
- Theater . to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
- to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer.
- to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to.